Title capitalization issues
Checking on title case, there are some titles that are not correct, I think:
- "Dive into core development" (on start page) should be "Dive Into Core Development" ("Into is a preposition, but has 4 letters, words with 4 letters or more are capitalized)
- TYPO3 is an enterprise CMS that helps to connect with you (browser title) : should be "TYPO3 Is an Enterprise CMS That Helps to Connect With You"
- "TYPO3 Shop - Official merchandising, donations, support and memberships" (in browser title) : should be "TYPO3 Shop - Official Merchandising, Donations, Support and Membership"
- In the shop, capitalization is generally slightly inconsistent in browser title, sometimes rules of title capitalization is used (e.g. Print Works, sometimes words are written in lowercase (e.g. clothing.
blog on typo3.com:
- ELTS for TYPO3 v7 is Now Available! : "Is" should be capitalized (verb)
Not sure about the non-t3o pages, should these be passed on, to whom? More important than correcting this is - I think - just reminding people about it and make it consistent in the future. Thanks.
See TYPO3 Content Style Guide : Title Case
Most words in title are capitalized except articles (a, an, the, ...), prepositions (in, With, ...) and conjunctions (and, or, ...) with less than 4 letters. First and last word in title is always capitalized!
Btw, I just came to realize that using https://capitalizemytitle.com/ to check title with "Chicago" does not always give correct result, specifically it always lowercases articles, prepositions, conjunctions where we uppercase them if they contain 4 or more letters, e.g. "With", "Without", "Until", etc. (see #376 (closed))